Axiom Home Page
I don't know why it happened, but my EP500 doesn't seem to be working and the light on the back lights up as red.

Is there any thing i can do to fix this at home or do I have to send it in? What's the warrenty period on these things anyhow? 1 year? 30 days?

Thanks
Have you tried calling Axiom? They are known for outstanding customer service and you may get a result faster calling the experts there than waiting for the "experts" here.

I'd help you out, but I don't have an EP500.
One needs a metric telephone to call Canada, though, right? ;\)
 Originally Posted By: anthony11
Yes, ours go 0-9, not 0-11.

Bren R.
a fuse maybe?
800 Axiom
If you do that here, Peter will answer.
called axiom,
very nice people as i would expect.
the tech support fella suggests that i replace the fuses that were in there (250mA) with 1A slow blow fuses because even though they look fine, they might still have no conductivity.

going to try that and see.
Ah, a multimeter would be your friend here... But, grab those fuses and give us an update on the prognosis...
replaced all the fuses. Red light is still on.
will call axiom CS again after it opens.
FIXED!
after replacing the fuses..i switched the setting on the crossover knob and it went green and started working again. not sure why i didn't try pushing buttons at random in the first place...i think the sub might have just had a glitch or something that needed to be cleared out by changing the setting.
Congratulations on the Fonzie fix. Working subs rule.
That Fonzie line carries so much more weight when Gonzo is staring out at you as you read. \:D
Glad you got it working. It sounds strange that you had to mess with the crossover knob to jumpstart it. I do know from personal experience with my EP500 that setting the Trim knob to the Remote setting caused it to quit working, but the light was yellow instead of red if I remember right. It had me very close to calling Axiom for support until I figured it out.
 Originally Posted By: anthony11

If not, your signal will bounce off of Mars and be lost forever.
;\)
 Originally Posted By: Khan Motorsport
FIXED!
after replacing the fuses..i switched the setting on the crossover knob and it went green and started working again. not sure why i didn't try pushing buttons at random in the first place...i think the sub might have just had a glitch or something that needed to be cleared out by changing the setting.

Actually another possibility is that the sub crossover was very low.
The sub may never have been getting a signal.

Not knowing your settings or material for playback, it is just a thought.

© Axiom Message Boards