Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mecon THX Pros and Cons - 06/28/08 06:32 AM
What are the pros and cons for THX Loudspeakers. Vertical Spread Isues, Music, Games, Movies?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: THX Pros and Cons - 06/28/08 08:20 AM
Pro- They have a fancy logo that people think means something.

Con- People actually will buy a speaker just because it is THX certified, and in some cases wont even consider a speaker that is not. When infact most of the best speakers available arent THX certified. I like to say its because they dont need endorsements and logo's to sell their product, it speaks for itself.

probably not the answer you were looking for but in my mind thats basically what it boils down to.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: THX Pros and Cons - 06/29/08 05:15 AM
I've owned, and still own, some THX certified gear, and honestly, it is good, but not worth paying extra for it. Most quality components are just as good or better than the THX certification requires all without the additional cost of the kickback to George Lucus for the abilty to say that it is "THX"....
Posted By: Murph Re: THX Pros and Cons - 07/15/08 06:14 PM
After the invention of Jar Jar Binks, I now have trouble relating anything with a George Lucas connection as being high quality.
Posted By: JaimeG Re: THX Pros and Cons - 07/15/08 07:25 PM
 Quote:
After the invention of Jar Jar Binks, I now have trouble relating anything with a George Lucas connection as being high quality.

" Hmmm... yousa point is well seen. "
Posted By: CV Re: THX Pros and Cons - 07/16/08 03:33 AM
Let's view The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and Radioland Murders as warning signs.
© Axiom Message Boards