Axiom Home Page
Posted By: OldEars Axial standing wave calculator DATA - 08/12/08 07:22 AM
Hello
I am trying to find info on how to interpret the results of a Standing Wave graph I did on my Living room. Of course this data is probably not really relevant. ie... calculator was made for rectangular EMPTY rooms, and I actually have furnishings in there, that certainly skew the waves by reflection, diffusion, and absorbtion. Sorry there is no precise question here. I just need to understand what I am looking at.

Thanks
Posted By: OldEars Re: Axial standing wave calculator DATA - 08/12/08 08:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: OldEars
Hello
I am trying to find info on how to interpret the results of a Standing Wave graph I did on my Living room. Of course this data is probably not really relevant. ie... calculator was made for rectangular EMPTY rooms, and I actually have furnishings in there, that certainly skew the waves by reflection, diffusion, and absorbtion. Sorry there is no precise question here. I just need to understand what I am looking at.

Thanks
Guess is hard to explain what I am looking at if you cant see it. I will send a pic of the graph when I figure out how.
Posted By: Ratticon Re: Axial standing wave calculator DATA - 08/13/08 08:44 PM
Can you stick it in a Gallery post?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axial standing wave calculator DATA - 08/14/08 02:10 AM
OldE, welcome. You haven't added more details, but if you mean that you fed your room dimensions into one of the standing wave calculators that are around, your room dimensions do in fact establish the frequencies of the room modes. The factors that you mention might absorb some energy and alter the strength of the modes, but the frequencies don't change.
© Axiom Message Boards