Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Red Orc Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 12:30 AM
I just purchased the M80's and vp150 can't wait until they arrive.
Does anyone know if the Onkyo tx sr 806 has pre outs for a amp. I have the Emotiva XPA-3 and was wondering if it would work. Thinking of going with the Onkyo 806. Thanks
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 12:39 AM
If the 806 is the successor to the 805, then yes it has pre outs. onkyousa.com gives access to user manuals for all their products if you want to double-check.
Posted By: Red Orc Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 12:47 AM
Thank you.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 02:27 AM
I think most AVR's these days have pre-outs...let me google it....yup it does, see the picture below just to the right of center.

Posted By: lkv_11 Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 03:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
I think most AVR's these days have pre-outs...let me google it....yup it does, see the picture below just to the right of center.

How did you manage to read those tiny letters in that image?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 04:01 AM
How do you think Randy got all those nose grease spots on his screen?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 03:08 PM
Lasik vision my friends....no, actually, the next biggest picture from google was huge and then everyone would complain. \:\)

Ok, don't complain, especially you dial up users...

Posted By: Red Orc Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 03:29 PM
Hey thanks guys really appreciate all your help.
I this a good reciever? I have a Emotiva XPA-3 amp and the
M80's and the VP 150.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 03:33 PM
It will be interesting if you have issues with your XPA and the 80's. Long story, but some have had issues with Emotive amps shutting down when trying to drive 80's. You may find the Onkyo does better alone.
Posted By: Red Orc Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 04:21 PM
Thanks again, now I'm a bit uneasy.
Posted By: alan Re: Pre outs for amp - 11/12/08 07:57 PM
Hi red orch,

If you're a little uneasy about the Onkyo and/or the Emotiva driving the 4-ohm M80s, you could get a comparable Denon AV receiver instead. All the Denons will drive the M80s with no problems or current limiting. If you have shut-down or overheating with the Emotiva, return it and use the Denon to drive the M80s while you ponder which outboard power amp to add, if any.

I'm not up on the current Denon models, but the 3808 is very popular among forum regulars and M80 owners.

REgards,
Alan
© Axiom Message Boards