Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldlamps Center or rear..which to upgrade first - 12/01/08 01:08 PM
If you could only upgrade either the center or the 2 rears which one would you do first..which do you think is more important..Thanks!
I think the center is more important in that it carries almost all the dialog.... but the question is largely dependent upon whether or not you currently even have surrounds or a center speaker... and how good they are in comparison to the rest of the system!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Center or rear..which to upgrade first - 12/01/08 01:42 PM
When you say "rears" are you talking about the side surrounds, or the actual "rear" channels for 7.1? Many people make the mistake of calling the side surrounds "rears".

The center channel can be virtually created using phantom mode from the left/right speakers. So if your saying you have no side surrounds, and this is for a HT upgrade, you might get those and use phantom mode for the center until you can afford one. Otherwise, the center is very important for dialog in movies.
Posted By: oldlamps Re: Center or rear..which to upgrade first - 12/01/08 02:55 PM
I have rears now but not very good ones..goes with the center also..a cheaper one..im using 5.1 so only 2 speakers in back.
Tom
Posted By: jakewash Re: Center or rear..which to upgrade first - 12/01/08 03:53 PM
I think you should upgrade the center in that case. You will benefit he most from this upfrade right now.
Posted By: oldlamps Re: Center or rear..which to upgrade first - 12/01/08 05:28 PM
Thanks,Tom
Posted By: myrison Re: Center or rear..which to upgrade first - 12/01/08 06:53 PM
I agree with Jay. Centers then surrounds. Both will be good, but I think you'll notice the center more originally.

Jason
© Axiom Message Boards