Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jordan Help! Harmony 550 - 01/02/09 05:28 PM
Ahoj all,

Just picked up the Harmony 550 to help my girlfriend and guests navigate the HT system. It functions perfectly for 'watch tv' and 'watch dvd' macros by turning on the tv, dvd, receiver etc. and to the correct inputs with one touch of a button.

However, on the same equipment, I cannot get it to:
1) Simply turn on my receiver (HK AVR135) and select the proper input (to listen to music on the pc); and
2) Turn on the AVR and TV and select the correct inputs (to watch video from my pc).

I set things up correctly. Just doesn't want to cooperate. I can use the help button to correct this each time but it's a pain and not particularly user-friendly for my girlfriend/guests.

Any advice for me?

Many thanks,

Jordan
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Help! Harmony 550 - 01/02/09 05:59 PM
It's possible that you may have to change the delay setting on the remote for the TV and the receiver if they are not working properly. Another option is to call Harmony's technical support and they can help you solve the problems over the phone.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Help! Harmony 550 - 01/02/09 08:41 PM
Take the 550 back and get the 670 or higher, they just work better, IMO. I had the 550 to replace a broken 629(costco special) and I hated that thing, I ended up getting the 676 to replace the 550.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Help! Harmony 550 - 01/02/09 09:17 PM
Get the 1000!! I have it and it's an amazing remote, very easy to program and use.
© Axiom Message Boards