Axiom Home Page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUOaI__qrRw
What the heck?
Wonder if those low freq's will keep the skeeters away?
Skeeters and people with green blood.
I hope there is a part II, hanging a sub to the top of tower is intriguing but I want to see results..
I thought they were going to measure the dB level of a drop test!
Dave, I've heard that a drop test is in fact the final procedure that's done. This is to simulate the effects of the typical handling that will take place during shipping.
That explains the dirt and gravel embedded in one side of each shipping carton.
I wonder if a "drop test" (intentional or otherwise) has actually happened....
Hi all,

Nope, no accidents so far, and it's not me at the wheel of the golf cart--that's Mike Rogers, who does a variety of jobs at Axiom. I wish I could say the low frequencies keep the skeeters away, but no way. Hey, there's a thought: maybe we should mount an ultrasonic tweeter permanently on top of the tower to ward off bugs. I don't know if mosquitoes can hear. . .

Regards,
Alan
Headphones for mosquitoes?
 Originally Posted By: JohnK
Dave, I've heard that a drop test is in fact the final procedure that's done. This is to simulate the effects of the typical handling that will take place during shipping.

John,
Drop testing is, of course, a normal procedure for many manufactured products. The drop distance would normally be less than 10', with packaging (maybe w/o packaging as well).
Not 90' ! ! !
\:D

Well, maybe if they wanted to know how it would fare,
If it fell out of a Fed Ex plane. ;\)
 Originally Posted By: davekro
The drop distance would normally be less than 10', with packaging (maybe w/o packaging as well).
That's okay for FedEx. The 90' drop test is necessary to simulate shipping by Purolator.

Bren R.
Everything has a resonate frequency right? Even mosquitoes. Heck, I saw a bridge fling itself apart. Just find that frequency and watch them explode. I think Axiom might have a product we could use here in New Orleans!
Why are you going to blow up a bridge in N.O., Charles?
© Axiom Message Boards