Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Reason_1 Mounting VP150 - 04/07/09 11:11 PM
I'm looking to mount a VP 150 to a wall using metal 90 degree angle mounts where they will mount to the wall behind the speaker and then screw into the sides of the speaker. What screws should I use to mount it?
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/07/09 11:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Reason_1,

Are you using after market brackets or brackets that Axiom supplies? In either case I would call Axioms toll free number or email their customer support. They should be able to provide you with all the technical details that you would need to properly mount the VP150 to the wall.

Good luck!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/08/09 12:09 AM
Wow. I wouldn't want to put holes in the sides of my speakers...

Make it easy on yourself and get a Full Metal Bracket. Works wonderfully....
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/08/09 12:10 AM
Reason welcome,

Why are you considering screwing into the speakers, not a great idea. You have lots of options that won't harm the speaker cosmetically or technically.

I found some nice shelf brackets at the local home improvement store with black covers that work fine and the VP150 sits below my screen must fine.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/08/09 02:43 AM
I had to drill pilot holes into the back of my M22s when I got my Full Metal Brackets because they don't have mounting holes. I don't remember the exact kind of screw I used, but I know they're fairly fat with coarse threads to minimize the risk of stripping the MDF.

Like these fine gentleman have said, if at all possible, you should avoid adding holes to your speakers; however, if the best mounting option requires it, you should know that it won't be a problem. As long as the screw fits tightly into the hole, it will not negatively affect the performance of the speaker.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/08/09 04:49 PM
IF you put a hole, make sure you apply Liquid Nails or some other strong glue to make an air-tight seal. But you should avoid holes. Try making a shelf.
[img][/img]
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/09/09 12:08 AM
I really like the look of this shelf and have been considering it for my VP150 but I'm unsure if it will support its weight because of the way the shelf is mounted to the wall.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/09/09 07:02 PM
Hard to tell from the pic, but if it uses the basic hardware, I would be very concerned. These speakers are pretty heavy, and the weight extends far from the wall. If you use a shelf like that, go to a hardware stood and get two of the 6x6 aluminum corner brackets. Mount those to a stud in the wall with a big screw, put the shelf on top, and you should be okay.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Mounting VP150 - 04/09/09 11:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Zimm. If I do end up getting that shelf, I'll definitely pick up a couple of those brackets.
© Axiom Message Boards