Axiom Home Page
Posted By: acdagc M80Ti Component Setup - 04/26/03 10:36 PM
I saw a set of speakers advertised as Axiom M80ti's on eBay. The setup of the speakers was slightly different than those on the axiom web site. These had the same 6 drivers but from the top were tweeter, mid, tweeter, mid, woofer, woofer instead of tweeter, tweeter, mid, mid, woofer, woofer. Are these an older model of M80 or fakes or ??? Thanks.
Posted By: fhw Re: M80Ti Component Setup - 04/26/03 11:45 PM
Older model.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: M80Ti Component Setup - 04/27/03 02:05 AM
It;s approximately 3 years old.

According to Axiom the newer model has a sonic improvement over the older ones. If you want the best sound out of an M80, get the most recent model.

Alan or Ian can clarify anything more specific than what I know.
Posted By: amer Re: M80Ti Component Setup - 04/29/03 07:06 PM
Ya the newer one rocks! Traded my Marantz MA-500 monoblocks for an Adcom GFA-555, and the M80's are putting out awesome bass.
Posted By: real80sman Re: M80Ti Component Setup - 05/05/03 03:23 AM
You are absolutely right ravi - I owned a set of the early ones, and this new set definitely sounds better. (According to Joe, they also did a "tweak" to the crossover) I wasn't able to do a direct A/B comparison, but the first thing I noticed was how much more "fluid" these seemed. That's not to say that the old ones weren't spectacular, it's just that the new ones are better. If acdagc (or anyone) can get a set of the older ones cheap enough, I'm sure that they would be more than satisfied with the purchase.
© Axiom Message Boards