Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jonn21 feedback noise (distortion) in speakers - 05/07/09 12:50 AM
Hello,
I purchased the Epic Midi 125 home theatre package and am experiencing noise distortion in both M2's, both QS4's, and VP100 speakers. I only hear this buzzing noise when my EP125 is plugged in. If I unplug the EP125 from my power strip the buzzing goes away. What can I do to get rid of this noise?

thanks
Posted By: Wid Re: feedback noise (distortion) in speakers - 05/07/09 01:19 AM
Sounds like a ground loop.
Hello jonn21,

Yes it seems like you are experiencing a ground loop in your system. You will have to disconnect your system one at a time (leaving the subwoofer plugged in) to see where the culprit is. I would first disconnect the coax cable running to the cable/satellite box, then any component cables to the t.v/dvd player, then the coax audio cables etc...

You could also buy a 3-2 prong adapter (cheater plug) for your subwoofer which cost around $1 which would get rid of the hum. This method is frowned upon because it defeats the ground but it does work.
Posted By: jonn21 Re: feedback noise (distortion) in speakers - 05/08/09 10:02 PM
thanks for the responses. I disconnected my cable line and the buzzing went away. So i purchased the ground isolator, hopfully it will work.
Posted By: Wid Re: feedback noise (distortion) in speakers - 05/08/09 10:49 PM

It will work.
© Axiom Message Boards