Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rage96 VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/03/09 07:59 PM
This may sound odd but can you? The house the wife and I bought is made in 1926 and I don't think my wall will be able to handle it. No the place is not falling apart the wall is just plaster and the studs are spaced far apart. None in the middle of the Tv/could not wall mount that too.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/03/09 08:09 PM
What type of TV are you using? Do you have shelves below that the center can sit on, and angle upward?
Posted By: fredk Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/03/09 08:12 PM
Your walls are probably plaster over wood lath and would hold up very well.
Posted By: rage96 Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/03/09 08:25 PM
No, there is no space to put the center on the tv stand, also what is wood lath?
Install a board (plaque) between the studs and mount the center on that. It'll distribute the weight.

I did something along those lines with my QS8s as I didn't want the plaster to just break up.

Posted By: rage96 Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/03/09 08:44 PM
very nice I will do that for my center, thanks. How did you mount the wood on the wall? I see no drill holes.
Hollow wall anchors.... but the holes are under where the speaker mounts!
Posted By: Jc Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/03/09 08:52 PM
Hi Mark,

That is very nice looking; it makes a beautiful bearing plate.

Congratulations, very well done !
Posted By: fredk Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/04/09 02:46 AM
 Originally Posted By: rage96
No, there is no space to put the center on the tv stand, also what is wood lath?

Wooden slats about 1.5" wide and 3/8" thick. The plaster had to stick to something.

That looks dangerously practical Mark. ;\)
Nice work Mark! I wish I had those talents....if I did the first thing I would make is a nice wood stand for my headphones.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/04/09 04:30 AM
I heard Norm has an upcoming episode on The New Yankee workshop on PBS, including some guy from New Hampshire. \:\)
I'm a beginner.

Those are just cut and routed boards, but they're practical as a way of mounting stuff on plaster.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/04/09 11:49 PM
If I had a router, I could fool people into thinking I knew what I was doing. \:\)
Posted By: Zimm Re: VP150 v2 Center Channel Ceiling Bracket - 07/06/09 12:21 AM
Mark, I don't know how I missed this, but nice work. Great idea for those pesky missing studs.
© Axiom Message Boards