Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak new TV for the parents - 09/09/09 01:17 PM
My parents are looking for a TV in the 32" range. Size is limited because they want to put in in a cabinet they already have. I believe the cabinet width is 35", but I have to verify.

They were looking at a Samsung but I found a slightly better Samsung

I haven't kept up with TV's though. I know 120Mhz is preferably, but smaller TV's all seem to be 60 still. How about the response time. How low is needed to get rid of motion blur, as I expect sports will be watched on the TV.

Any TV suggestions in this size would be helpful too. I believe they want to keep it under $500.
Posted By: Adrian Re: new TV for the parents - 09/09/09 02:03 PM
I have 120hz and I still notice some motion blurr.

I would lean towards a Sammy or Sony myself.

You may not notice blurring as much on a smaller TV BTW. Have a good look at the demos in the showroom with some action sports/movies and see if you can get away with the less expensive 60hz. People also say sometimes that 1080 is not necessary on sets under 40".
Posted By: Zarak Re: new TV for the parents - 09/09/09 02:22 PM
Cabinet is 34" across that the TV will go in. I think it's going to be 60hz by default for this size TV. I'm not sure what ms response time they'll need. I agree with 720P. No need for 1080 on something that size.
Posted By: JohnK Re: new TV for the parents - 09/10/09 07:33 AM
Jason, the 460 which you linked should be fine, but for about $100 less the Vizio VO320E could also be considered. It was top-rated in the latest Consumer Reports tests in the 32" category.
© Axiom Message Boards