Axiom Home Page
Posted By: naeemular CTS-120 - 10/13/09 03:00 PM
Did Axiom ever built a subwoofer with the above model number? If so how to test if it is working OK? I found a used one which is a little budget friendly. How much a new one would cost?
Thanks in anticipation \:\/
Posted By: SirQuack Re: CTS-120 - 10/13/09 03:13 PM
If you do a google search you will find the following, looks like an Axiom logo to me. Same guy is trying to sell it on other classifieds. If you look at the product page or factory outlet, you can see the pricess of new Axiom subs.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/ele/1419238385.html
Posted By: SirQuack Re: CTS-120 - 10/13/09 03:16 PM
for me I would pay just a little more and get a 5 year warranty, the factory outlet offers 10% off regular prices.
Posted By: Murph Re: CTS-120 - 10/13/09 06:05 PM
Welcome Naemular

Me too Quacko. Maybe if the price was cheaper. It's a small unit and an older design.

As for testing, aside from a visual inspection, inside and out, listening is your best test. Listen for obvious rattles or annoying vibrations. Getting a sub to sound 'just right' can take some tweaking but obvious problems should be fairly apparent if you listen to bass heavy content at reasonably loud volumes.

By the way, how big is the room you want to fill? Mainly music or movies or both? There are lots of sub experts here to help find the best deal for your room needs you if you provide a bit more detail.
Posted By: naeemular Re: CTS-120 - 10/13/09 06:41 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. That is the advertisement I am looking at. My room is L shaped, and want upgrade from my present small subwoofer. I listened an axiom sub (not sure about the model number) even that old one delivered very nice sound (needless to say it became brand of chioce)

But did axiom really built it that is the question, if so I can take the next step of testing it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: CTS-120 - 10/13/09 06:46 PM
Axiom has been in business for almost 30 years.
Posted By: alan Re: CTS-120 - 10/13/09 08:18 PM
Hi naeemular,

If memory serves, Axiom had a lower-priced line that used those model numbers when we still had a retailer network. That was discontinued around the time I joined Axiom, in 2002, and the CTS line ended then, too.

You could try emailing my colleague, Brent@axiomaudio.com . He was an Axiom retailer/dealer for years and might remember better than I details about that line.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: Worfzara Re: CTS-120 - 10/13/09 09:21 PM
I would say they are at least $100 over price.

I just bought a used EP125 (for $100) and realized when I got it home the amplifer was broken. I have been in contact with Axiom and have found they don't stock parts for this pre 2002 unit anymore. So I have sent it with my nephew who is taking a electrical course at the local college to see if he can fix it.

Point is, I doubt if Axiom still carries parts for this unit. You may wan't to call Axiom first to make sure they have parts and don't make the same mistake I made.

paul
Posted By: naeemular Re: CTS-120 - 10/14/09 01:26 PM
Thanks to all, I think I saved myself from buying that subwoofer.
It was great, to hear all the good opinions, and Alan replying my email... I am really honoured.
I have to save few days to get the real stuff, all the best folks.
Naeem
Posted By: SirQuack Re: CTS-120 - 10/14/09 11:37 PM
If you order from Axiom's factory outlet, you get 10% off regular price, look on the "Store" link at the top.
© Axiom Message Boards