Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rage96 EP500 FeedBack? - 12/01/09 02:06 AM
Let me first say that I fixed the problem but still would like to know what other my think.

A few days ago I was moving around my EP500 just to see what would sound better. Before I moved the EP500 I turned the receiver off and the T.V also. But I did not turn the EP500 off since I was only moving it a few feet.

Anyway after I was done I was cleaning up the cables and as I was doing that I pulled the power cord out just a little. I heard the sub click as the power stopped, the lite turned orange for a second then was back to the yellow it normally is.

After I was done I did not think about it and went on the net (HTPC) while I was looking around the net I heard a thump like someone was knocking on the wall lightly (sounded like 3-4 quick thumps) then it stopped, after about 2 mins it did it again. This time I got up and put my hand on the sub and about 2mins later, again.

So I turned off the receiver and turned the sub off took all the cords off and waited a sec then plugged them in again and waited, the thump was gone.

As I said before it is now fixed just wanted to know if this has happen to anyone else?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: EP500 FeedBack? - 12/01/09 02:23 AM
Thump Thump Thump, yes this has happened to me and others I believe. I'm not sure why, maybe a build up of energy, not sure. The night it was happening to me, there was some thunderstorms off in the distance, seemed the thumping was in synch with the storm.

Turning the power switch off/on fixed the issue. Of course, some people think my place is haunted.......

Posted By: grunt Re: EP500 FeedBack? - 12/01/09 04:02 AM
 Quote:

Of course, some people think my place is haunted.......

Think?

So far it hasn’t happened to me.
© Axiom Message Boards