Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Glitchy Curious about listening level w-new axioms - 02/20/10 11:59 PM
I was just curious why with my old speakers, (Infinity) my listening level seemed to be -20 db to -30 db and with the axioms seems I;m now listening more in the -15 to 20 - db range
Doesn't matter, I was just curious about it

Thanks

Jeff
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Curious about listening level w-new axioms - 02/21/10 12:05 AM
Some speakers are more sensitive than others. I'm guessing your Infinities were very sensitive.
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Some speakers are more sensitive than others. I'm guessing your Infinities were very sensitive.

Hate to be the total speaker newb that I am but what do you mean by more sensitive

Thanks

Jeff
It means that some speakers require more or less power than others to achieve the same output volume.
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
It means that some speakers require more or less power than others to achieve the same output volume.

Many Thanks
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm
what do you mean by more sensitive

I was resisting writing that it means the speakers cry easily...particularly every 28 days.
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm
what do you mean by more sensitive

I was resisting writing that it means the speakers cry easily...particularly every 28 days.

Oh I love that!, mine doesns't fall into that fold but, I've been there, she is constant and not a pain.
© Axiom Message Boards