Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jhuang More ohm questions - related to center - 06/17/03 05:24 AM
I'm interested in a setup with M22/M60 fronts and a VP150 center. I'm currently using an old JVC RK-888VBK receiver,which I'll upgrade in the future - I just purchased a projector+screen and Denon DVD so funds are a bit short !

Anyways, would running a 6 ohm center speaker hurt the receiver, given that I'll keep the volume relatively low? I've got a decent sized 15'x17' room (though there is a door to one side so everything is offset to a "room" of 10'x17') - would the 8ohm VP100, or a M22 for a center be better?

Thanks,

Joe

EDIT: I just figured out to chance the search options to AND instead of default Entire Phrase - and I seemed to have found the answer that it won't hurt the receiver (other than to kick the circuitry overheat shutdown protection).

BTW - since I've got to fit the speaker under a front screen sitting roughly 24" above ground, should I tilt the center speakers upwards to aim approximately at the ear level?
Posted By: JohnK Re: More ohm questions - related to center - 06/17/03 08:12 AM
Joe, use a vertical M22 center right on the floor under the screen and tilted back just slightly.
i have a denon and vp150

blast the volume as loud as you want, 6 ohm is no problem
Posted By: sushi Re: More ohm questions - related to center - 06/19/03 03:33 AM
jhuang,

Just out of curiosity, what projector and screen did you get?
Posted By: jhuang Re: More ohm questions - related to center - 06/19/03 05:37 AM
I purchased a Sanyo Z1 with a Da-Lite High Contrast Cinema Vision. The Z1 came with a start-up bug and is in the process of being sent to Sanyo for repairs. What a pain in the a$$ process for a brand new projector, but hopefully only a small error.
Posted By: Saturn Re: More ohm questions - related to center - 06/19/03 04:42 PM
I have heard lots of quality control issues with the Panasonic AE300 or Sanyo Z1. I'm happy with my Infocus X1 other than the once in a while rainbow.

Saturn

oh when oh when will my new place be done.
I wanna setup my HT system already.
© Axiom Message Boards