Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ashok no sound from EP500 - 05/22/10 05:58 PM
I have a EP 500 sub.Suddenly today morning when i turned it on ,it was not working.I get the green light on the sub but no sound.How do i test if the problem is with the driver or the amp of the sub.I checked all the cables and they are all secured.
ashok
India
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/22/10 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Ashok.

Here is the troubleshooting guide for the EP500.

Green Light On But No Audio

1) If using high level in, check that speaker leads are not reversed
2) Check input cable is completely inserted and working
3) Turn amp off and then on again
4) Speaker wire internally may be disconnected
5) Check the top 250mA fuse and the bottom 15A fuse (View Fuses)
6) Check your receiver menu settings to see if sub is turned on
7) Check that the fuse box is in 110 position for 110 use (220 position will have green light with no audio on 110 circuits)

http://www.axiomaudio.com/troubleshooting_ep500.html

If these suggestions do not work or you need help regarding these suggestions I would recommend calling Axioms toll free number to talk to one of their representatives 1-866-244-8796

Cheers!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/22/10 09:45 PM
I assume you are using 1 coax rca cable to the line in jack, versus high level in, which is not the norm. Try unplugging the power cable for 10 seconds and back in to see if it starts working again. Check fuses, which is unlikely but possible. Finally, contact Axiom via phone or email.
Posted By: fredk Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/23/10 02:13 AM
I wonder if this is related to your VP150 issue.
Posted By: jakewash Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/23/10 03:43 AM
If you have an MP3 player or similar you can connect the headphone out from it directly to the low level RCA inputs and check to see if you get anything out of the sub. If you now get some bass, I would be looking for a new avr considering the other speaker problems you are encountering.
Posted By: a401classic Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/23/10 02:00 PM
Depending on which EP500 you have, it may be a fuse issue. If your model has 4 fuses, like mine, you may have a blown 0.25 Amp fuse and still have a green light.

Scott
Posted By: Ashok Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/23/10 05:04 PM
Hi guys,,,,,thanks for all your reply.....Well i first wanna know what is a four fuse amp..in my amp i could see only one fuse with a spare fuse inside.I dont see any other fuse...Can you tell me where i can find them,,,,,,as far as the driver i checked the driver and it is working...so driver is not the issue,I need to check on the amp now.Can you let me know how will i know if my amp has 4 fuse and where are the fuse located....
regards
Ashok Kumar
Posted By: a401classic Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/23/10 07:07 PM
Sounds like you have one of the newer units. Sorry about the angle, but this is the back of my EP500. To the left of the power cord is a fuse holder (Black ring, grey insert). Above it are 3 additional fuse holders (all-black).
pic
Sounds like a call to Axiom is in order.

Scott
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/23/10 11:02 PM
You might want to run through the set up menu of your AVR receiver and check the white noise volume levels for each channel. Make sure it isn't a setting problem before you start tearing things apart.
Posted By: Ashok Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/26/10 04:57 AM
menu on the AVR is ok,,,i took out the driver and checked it..it seem to work well...both the coils are fine when we tested it with other input the woofer speaker seem to work ...butwhen i fix it on the subwoofer amp no sound...i doubt some thing went wrong with my subwoofer amp ,,,,,,now how to check if the amp is working????
Posted By: Ashok Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/26/10 05:06 AM
Jakewash.....I dont see any low level rca input at the back of the sub woofer to connect my mp3 player...please can you be more specific
Posted By: pmbuko Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/26/10 05:42 AM
Ashok, just use the round subwoofer input. Connect either the red or white cable from a mini-stereo to RCA cable that's connected to your MP3 player.
Posted By: jakewash Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/26/10 09:28 AM
Follow what Peter said.
Posted By: Ashok Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/26/10 06:07 PM
I think the problem is with the amp on the subwoofer,,,something got blown away,,i think i have to send it to axiom for repair,thanks for all your reply...i wish i have good luck with axiom speakers next time
Posted By: SirQuack Re: no sound from EP500 - 05/26/10 09:18 PM
I would email them first to see how they would like to handle the situation.
© Axiom Message Boards