Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/16/10 05:34 PM
Hey guys,

There's an intermittent crackling sound coming from my Paradigm monitor 9's. I have them hooked up to my Denon 3801, then to my computer via a Xitel link (this setup is solely for my computer.

Any ideas what would cause this? The speaker wire seems to be secure, and the noise is audible even at low volume.

I haven't had someone to help me tweak around, except to check the wires.

Thanks,
Cam
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/16/10 05:57 PM
Did you try another source? My first guess is that it is interference coming from the Xitel link or the computer.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/16/10 06:49 PM
No, I haven't had time. I'll try my DVD player later if I can get a hand.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/16/10 11:15 PM
I agree with fred. Typical.
Posted By: fredk Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/16/10 11:22 PM
Now I feel like I should write something.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/17/10 02:13 AM
Cam, yes try the DVD player. I've used the Xitel link for several years and it's so simple(two wires and a basic DAC)that if the wires aren't damaged it's unlikely to cause any problem.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/18/10 10:42 PM
Well, apparently the crackling was only momentary. It's been nonexistent for a couple days now. It seems that it was some sort of interference caused from my computer.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/19/10 01:20 AM
I'm sure it must have been a sign that it is time for a new computer wink
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/19/10 12:09 PM
HEHE. You had better not jinx me, Jay smile .
Posted By: jakewash Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/20/10 01:37 AM
I hope not too, I said something like that to a guy at work and the component we were talking about failed the next day laugh
Posted By: Murph Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/20/10 02:20 AM
was it the soundboard? I can picture you saying,
"Silence!!! I KEEEELLLL YOU!!!!"
Posted By: jakewash Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/20/10 02:21 AM
laugh
Posted By: fredk Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/20/10 02:39 AM
Jakewash, component whisperer...
Originally Posted By: fredk
Jakewash, component whisperer Frightener...

Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/20/10 11:22 AM
Jay, if something happens, I'm holding you responsible wink .
Posted By: jakewash Re: Crackling sound coming from speakers. - 07/21/10 02:03 AM
I can handle the pressure smile
© Axiom Message Boards