Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Henry66 Can the EP800 be positioned on its side? - 07/17/10 02:42 AM
Any way of hiding this beast under a table?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Can the EP800 be positioned on its side? - 07/17/10 02:48 AM
The EP600 is available in a horizontal set-up, I'd imagine the 800 could also be had the same way...I'd give Axiom a call.
Posted By: CV Re: Can the EP800 be positioned on its side? - 07/17/10 04:17 AM
Yup, my EP800s that I have right now, which were supposed to be vertically-oriented, are horizontals. I'm still using one upright, however. The other one I actually am using on its side, and it's sitting under a table. I'm not using the feet on either right now.
Henry, Order it in Horizontal configuration.
Yes you can do this, I actually have a horizontal EP600, that I often place in a vertical orientation. Keep in mind that the position under your table might NOT be the ideal position in your room for best results.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Can the EP800 be positioned on its side? - 07/19/10 03:25 PM
I find that placing it under a glass table with lots of Fine China on top adds to the experience.
Posted By: 80'sMan Re: Can the EP800 be positioned on its side? - 07/27/10 03:37 AM
What is the actual difference between - vs | ?
My guess would be just the orientation of the amp controls and the location of the feet.
Is there anything actually acoustically specific between the two?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Can the EP800 be positioned on its side? - 07/27/10 04:28 AM
Originally Posted By: 80'sMan
Is there anything actually acoustically specific between the two?

Nope, unless you take room boundary interactions -- which are specific to each room, of course -- into account.
© Axiom Message Boards