Axiom Home Page
Posted By: al1en High or low terminals for speaker connection? - 07/25/10 04:25 PM
Have been playing around lately with the speaker connections and wondered what experiences the rest of you on the have had. Manufacturers of other speakers I own with bi-wire terminals recommend connecting a single connection to the "high" terminals, while I think the Axiom manual said that it did not matter.

Personally I have found that with my M60s connected to the H- H+ terminals the sound is a little brighter and thinner than when connected to the L- L+. How do you have your M60s / M80s connected?

M60 connection posts:

H- H+
L- L+
This poll is moot for all new purchases. smile Axiom has gone to a single set of posts on their V3s, unless specially ordered with the double set.
Originally Posted By: al1en
Personally I have found that with my M60s connected to the H- H+ terminals the sound is a little brighter and thinner than when connected to the L- L+.

Well, the upper and lower terminals are connected by big straps of metal, so what you're hearing is the placebo effect.
David, there aren't any human beings who can hear the difference between connecting to the top or bottom terminals. Notice that I did say "the" difference, because there actually is one, measurable by instruments far more sensitive than our ears. The added resistance of the 2-3" of the connecting strip would lower the output of the driver connected through it by an amount on the order of a thousandth of a dB.
Wow, he must have good ears!
LOL
© Axiom Message Boards