Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tony In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 04:08 PM
Hello,
I could swear I saw in the gallery of HT Rooms a pair of Axiom subs in a wall with the front of the sub flush with the front wall surface. They were installed in the wall below the M22's. Which of the Axiom subs can you do that with?

Thx,
Tony
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 04:33 PM
None.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 04:45 PM
In wall subs would not be ideal as subwoofer placement can be a bit tricky and it is highly unlikely that an inwall configuration would provide optimum bass response.
Posted By: Tony Re: In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 05:09 PM
O.K.
I had to find this picture I saw. I went to the EPIC Grand Master Architecture 500 product page and hit the 'Photo' tab. There is a picture of a W22 V2 set-up with two subs that look like are installed in the wall with a few inches of the sub exposed outside the wall. Now it could be an optical illusion but those sub 'carcass' looks like they are in the wall ??

Help me out with this one.

Thx,
Tony
Posted By: Ken.C Re: In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 05:11 PM
That's actually a demo room for some show a few years ago. The subs are regular EP500s, but they're set in deep insets cut in the wall. Not ideal for sound quality.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 06:08 PM
Paradigm has an in-wall subwoofer as well as a wall mounted subwoofer.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 06:16 PM
I think there are quite a few companies marketing in-wall subs now. Of course - given the built-in nature of them - it would be just as good to DIY.

Absolutely agree that it will be difficult if not impossible to optimize a built-in sub, but you might be able to mitigate the room node problem my installing multiple subs in multiple locations.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: In Wall Sub - 10/25/10 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I think there are quite a few companies marketing in-wall subs now.

Yes, Tom, there are.
Posted By: fredk Re: In Wall Sub - 10/26/10 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I think there are quite a few companies marketing in-wall subs now. Of course - given the built-in nature of them - it would be just as good to DIY.

Absolutely agree that it will be difficult if not impossible to optimize a built-in sub, but you might be able to mitigate the room node problem my installing multiple subs in multiple locations.

Depends on how much flexibility you have in final placement. Most subs go next to a wall so I don't quite see how that is much different than an in wall at the same location.
© Axiom Message Boards