Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SBrown Crackling from speakers - 12/26/10 05:19 PM
I watched a Bluray movie and was crackling really bad. I got it hooked up via hdmi cable to the receiver.

I took out the bluray disc and the DVD worked fine.Do I need to hook it up with RCA cables?Thanks

Shawn
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Crackling from speakers - 12/26/10 06:15 PM
Try another Blu-ray disc, and see if the problem repeats.

An HDMI cable shouldn't cause crackling. Sometimes the hand-shake goes wrong (very rarely), and I get distorted audio. Stopping and restarting playback always fixes that particular problem.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Crackling from speakers - 12/26/10 06:47 PM
That was the first movie I watched , and it was working fine for the previews. When the movie started, that's when it happened.

I will see if another movie does it,good thing I got two for Christmas.Thanks for the tip Chris!
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Crackling from speakers - 12/26/10 06:56 PM
The previews usually use a lossy codec for audio, and the feature lossless. So there would have been a new handshake.

But there's also the possibility that something is misconfigured with the player sending audio that is not supported by your receiver. What receiver are you using?
Posted By: SBrown Re: Crackling from speakers - 12/26/10 11:17 PM
It's the Sherwood 772 , I probably have something set wrong because I am just starting to figure everything out.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Crackling from speakers - 12/26/10 11:52 PM
Are your speakers set to large? I can remember a few folks complaining about crackling and I believe the cause was the extra lower end the speakers were trying to produce due to the large setting, especially when there was no subwoofer in the mix.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Crackling from speakers - 12/27/10 12:39 AM
That Sherwood says it supports DTS and Dolby's lossless formats.

What are you using as a player?

Unfortunately not many people on this forum have Sherwood receivers, so first hand experience may be hard to find.

After the holidays you may want to try their support. Sometimes odd sounds are caused by firmware errors, and there may be a fix.
© Axiom Message Boards