Axiom Home Page
Posted By: edmondwolfman Upgrade for M60v2 - 01/29/11 09:13 PM
Hello everyone. It seems I read about an upgrade for the M60v2s a few months ago that was going to be available. I think it may have been a new tweeter and crossover and maybe a new mid, I can't remember for sure.

Am I remembering correctly and if so where would one find information on this?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Upgrade for M60v2 - 01/29/11 09:32 PM
You should contact Axiom on this. They will sell you the parts for upgrading an M60 to a v3, but it may not actually be cost effective. It will also require soldering.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Upgrade for M60v2 - 01/30/11 01:01 AM
Will it require soldering? The M22 crossovers have the wiring attached to them and the speaker connections are just spade connections. I would think the M60 XO's would have the wiring already soldered on as well. The hardest part might be seperating the XO from the speaker wire mounting plate or maybe the Xo comes attached to the plate as well.....or maybe.....

I would call Axiom as Ken suggested crazy
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Upgrade for M60v2 - 01/30/11 01:10 AM
At least, that's what we were told when we first talked about upgrades.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Upgrade for M60v2 - 01/30/11 02:33 AM
Hopefully someone will order a set and let us know.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Upgrade for M60v2 - 01/30/11 03:05 AM
As Ken mentioned, I wouldn't think the change-over would be cost effective. Also, what was the conclusion on the drivers themselves? were the new ones just changed cosmetically(dust caps) or were there other changes?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Upgrade for M60v2 - 01/30/11 05:00 AM
I believe it depends on when your V2's were manufactured, in some cases you will need new drivers as well. A call to Axiom or email Noreen will clear it all up.
© Axiom Message Boards