Axiom Home Page
Posted By: icehawk21 Can't login using IE (any version) - 03/26/11 03:09 AM
For some time now I have not been able to login to the Axiom forums using any version of IE (7,8,9). It used to work fine for me and then just quit working. Across all versions of IE and across all computers I use (my home computer, home laptop, work computer, in-laws computer). I can, however, login using Firefox. But I'd prefer to use IE as that is my default browser choice.

Any thoughts? Cuz I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Bryan
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 03/26/11 12:41 PM
Bryan, maybe try deleting all your cookies through the browser itself first, and then run CCleaner to remove any leftover cookies and clear your browsers cache.

Sometimes a rogue cookie can be picked up which will inhibit logging into other sites. With it happening on four different computers, it may be a fruitless venture unless you regularly use them all to surf. If that's the case, then the same cookie could be on all the machines, ergo restricting your login.

I hope that helps.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 03/26/11 01:15 PM
I've been having ongoing issues Ice that I reported to Axiom webmaster some time ago. Deleting browser history (temp files, cookies, also "uncheck" preserve sites) helps sometimes, but in my case it didn't. There was some caching problem on the server end, which they seemed to have resolved until today.

Today I am able to login fine, but as soon as I click on one of the thread sections, for ex Home Theater, it is like I'm logged off all over again, doesn't stick.

This is the only UBB forum I have issues with, and I am a member of many. I am on IE 9 now.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 03/26/11 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: sirquack
Today I am able to login fine, but as soon as I click on one of the thread sections, for ex Home Theater, it is like I'm logged off all over again, doesn't stick.

That was happening to me about one-two months ago as well, Randy. It's a pain in the butt, but I haven't encountered it since.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 03/26/11 04:37 PM
When I used IE I had problems with the forum hanging on loading on a regular basis (usually when sending a post). Since switching to firefox I haven't had that problem. Never had the login problem though.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 03/31/11 03:10 PM
Same here. I had the issue a month ago and then again last week. Clering my cache and cookies did not resolve.

Like losing a family member

snazzed
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/03/11 06:08 PM
I was not able to stay logged in using IE. I was unable to post for 3 days. I had to download Firefox/Mozilla to even stayed logged in. Don't know if I can post yet. I'll find out soon.

Sup with this site?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/04/11 04:39 AM
Perhaps it has gained sentience.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/04/11 05:43 AM
Good(and nicely subtle)one, Peter.
Posted By: Steve H Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/19/11 11:14 AM
We have been listening to your comments and have made some changes to the way cookies and cache are handled. Please let us know if there are still login issues for anyone.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/19/11 08:43 PM
I can confirm I am able to login again today. Thanks Steve!

snazzed
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/19/11 08:50 PM
I often have my machine at home, work pc, and occasionally up at the inlaws. Lately I could not get connected at the inlaws house, I could blame their dial up connection, but doubt that is it... I'm guessing I was still logged in on the other pc's if that is an issue. Will be a few months before I'm back up there to test.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/19/11 09:17 PM
Randy, your father-in-law found my email address on the web and contacted me privately about a favor. He asked me how to -- and I quote here -- "prevent his son-in-law from spending all his damn time on that speaker forum while his family is visiting us." He made me an offer I could not refuse, so I had to oblige.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/20/11 03:34 AM
Funny he took time out from watching the Polka Joe show and Pickers on History channel. Dude, farmer Melvin doesn't even know what email is, lol.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Can't login using IE (any version) - 04/20/11 01:19 PM
laugh
© Axiom Message Boards