Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Prince Blown tweeter Axiom XA5 - 03/28/11 02:29 AM
My tweeter no longer works. I have taken the tweeter out of the case and extracted the face plate. It comes with the voice coil. There is no 'continuity' between the wire connectors and the voice coil looks fine. I assume there is a broken wire near the wire connectors. Unfortunately it is sandwiched between the voice coil and the face plate.
I am not sure how to separate the 2 pieces to get at the broken wire. I think it is held together by the solder on the wire connectors.
Any advice?
Posted By: Prince Re: Blown tweeter Axiom XA5 - 03/28/11 03:16 AM
The model is actually AX5. I read they have a lifetime warranty?
Any comments or advice?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Blown tweeter Axiom XA5 - 03/28/11 03:23 AM
Prince, welcome. There's unfortunately almost no familiarity available among the members with the AX5 in general, much less the point about the tweeter that you're raising. The advice would be to contact Axiom directly to see if you can be accommodated in some fashion.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Blown tweeter Axiom XA5 - 03/28/11 04:29 AM
As John mentioned, I would call the 800 number on this website, they have techs that answer the phones all day and into the evening I think until 11pm Eastern. They would be better qualified to answer your question than us forum members. smile

Current models carry a 5 year warranty.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Blown tweeter Axiom XA5 - 06/16/11 08:05 PM
Early models came with a lifetime warranty, but as has been indicated there might not be any stock of the old drivers around. In speaking with the parts folks when we were onsite last Sept., they had no stock of some AX line parts. My AX3's needed parts, and they shipped me a complete new set of drivers.

They have a set of AX3's, as mine stayed behind after the 30th party...and M80's came home with me!

Well, they were shipped afterwards, but the sentiment holds!
© Axiom Message Boards