Axiom Home Page
Posted By: powerwindow Integrating Stereo Pre w/ Sub - 03/28/11 06:22 PM
Looking for some advice. I currently have a HSU STF-2 sub that only has a mono/LFE input. I am planning on picking up a stereo pre that has two sets of preouts. I need the sub to help pick up the lows for my M22's. I recently read that most CDs have the bass frequencies mixed in mono, so I could just utilize one channel of the preouts, but I'm hesitant to go this route because I don't want to lose any bass info, just in case it's not mixed in mono. I contacted HSU and they replied that they offer a custom "summing" interconnect that will combine the L/R's into a single RCA.

I'm just curious if anyone would have any other suggestions to work around this sceanario until I get a sub that has L/R pre inputs?

Thanks
Posted By: Wid Re: Integrating Stereo Pre w/ Sub - 03/28/11 06:51 PM

Use the speaker connections.
Posted By: Cary Re: Integrating Stereo Pre w/ Sub - 03/29/11 03:42 PM

Do the sub outputs always need to be stereo? (ie can you set up the preamp to do the summing where the summed bass signal goes out of both sub outputs)?

Cary
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Integrating Stereo Pre w/ Sub - 03/29/11 03:57 PM
I don't think they are specifically sub outputs, but full range, secondary stereo outs.

I'd just go with the summing cable. If the one they're offering is too expensive look around. It's a pretty simple circuit (it's just there to prevent one output's signal from feeding back into the other) someone should have one cheap.
© Axiom Message Boards