Axiom Home Page
Hi guys! Sorry to bother all of you again, but I desperate need help to solve some problem ( I believe so ) on my receiver. Yesterday while listening to music on 2 channels ( pure direct) on my Denon, it seemed to me that the sounds ( usually from the instruments) are a little out of tune. Hard to explain. Try to imagine when you are selecting the radio station and you get that noise. It is not too loud, usually it happens during the low frequency sounds of the audio. The dialogue is clear. Could this be caused by some bad settings on the receiver? Initially I thought it was only coming from the M22's but while listening to music on 5 channel stereo it seemed like it was coming this bad noise from the QS8's also. I need to do some more testing ( it is night here right now ). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Maybe my AV receiver is broken, help! - 04/26/11 09:34 PM
Hard to say, you could try resetting the microprocesser, should be covered in the manual under troubleshooting. Usually, a combination of holding two buttons in and turning power button on.
Thanks I am gonna try that!
Posted By: Murph Re: Maybe my AV receiver is broken, help! - 04/29/11 03:36 PM
Might also check that some particular filter or auto EQ setting didn't get activated.

Your description is understandable vague but it sounds a bit more 'real problem' suspect. However, I once thought I had a real problem for a few days until I finally discovered that my receiver had somehow been set to "Flat" auto EQ setting instead of "off" where I liked it.

And lets not bring up the cat toy in the sub woofer port incident.....
© Axiom Message Boards