Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gj47479 QS8s in system - 05/05/11 11:56 AM
Hi all, I am pretty new to home theatre, I am already addicted!!! I have some questions. First my living room is around 7000 cubic feet because it is connected to kitchen. It will be used as 75% movies/tv; 25% music.i I am thinking about putting together a pair of CM 9s, Centre 2 center channel, axiom qs8s x4 surrounds, and dual HSU vtf3 mtk3 subs. Think about adding some rear in wall or ceiling speakers, maybe even CM1s in the mix. I havent bought anything, I wanted ideas before the huge investment.....Not sure on the receiver or amplifiers, dont have much knowledge there. Is there anything yall can recommend?? What about the setup???? Should I grab rear speakers, and if so which ones? Should use four or two QS8s??
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: QS8s in system - 05/05/11 01:14 PM
Hi gj47479! Many of us use different brand surround speakers in our HT set ups (I know I do). If it is mainly for movies, I think you'll be okay. Timbre matching is not so critical for that.

The QS8 speakers are excellent for surround use. I find them much more suited for surround duty than directional speakers.

You do have a pretty big room, but even so, I'd start with just one pair of QS8 speakers and see how well they do. If you feel you need more, you can always add a second set.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: QS8s in system - 05/05/11 01:30 PM
Another welcome!

Not to sound like a fanboy, but have you considered Axiom all the way around? Pricing is much better and it's been posted that the sound is very similar....
Posted By: avjunkee Re: QS8s in system - 05/06/11 03:06 AM
Originally Posted By: gj47479
Hi all, I am pretty new to home theatre, I am already addicted!!! I have some questions. First my living room is around 7000 cubic feet because it is connected to kitchen. It will be used as 75% movies/tv; 25% music.i I am thinking about putting together a pair of CM 9s, Centre 2 center channel, axiom qs8s x4 surrounds, and dual HSU vtf3 mtk3 subs. Think about adding some rear in wall or ceiling speakers, maybe even CM1s in the mix. I havent bought anything, I wanted ideas before the huge investment.....Not sure on the receiver or amplifiers, dont have much knowledge there. Is there anything yall can recommend?? What about the setup???? Should I grab rear speakers, and if so which ones? Should use four or two QS8s??

A diagram of your layout would be helpful, but I'd say for that size room you'll need four speakers for surround/back duty regardless of whether or not they're QS8's.
© Axiom Message Boards