Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jhunt17 axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/11/11 03:16 PM
I am wondering if you can use wireless connections for these speakers using zone 2 on a receiver? I assume you can't since they won't have any power. My problem is that my receiver is in my basement and I have no wires running from my zone two area. I have a slingbox connected to it. I want to be able to take my computer outside and connect it to a projector to watch my tv outside, but I don't know how to get the audio to the speakers without zone 2. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: jakewash Re: axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/12/11 04:59 AM
You sound like you need a wireless speaker set up something like this, but this particular system is discontinued:

http://www.shoptronics.com/kerfwispamsy.html
Posted By: shoeless Re: axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/13/11 06:12 PM
I've used the Amphony products before and been very happy:

http://www.amphony.com/products/wireless-audio-transmitter-receiver.htm
Posted By: Ken.C Re: axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/13/11 06:17 PM
I toyed with the idea of using those several times, but they kept being out of stock, and my wife wasn't that keen on it. Besides, those are really more wires to deal with (with power, wires from the amp to the speaker) than just running really long speaker cables.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/13/11 06:35 PM
Argh, now you're making me want them again. For the speakers I don't have any more. To go into the house I'm moving out of in a month.

OH S*** I'M MOVING IN A MONTH.
Posted By: jakewash Re: axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/22/11 06:08 AM
Moving.......with babies and toddlers, sounds like fun, hope it all goes well.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/22/11 01:38 PM
Been there, done that. Ken knows how it went for me and I'm trying to help him avoid my mistakes. crazy
Posted By: Ken.C Re: axiom outdoor speaker hookup question - 07/22/11 04:41 PM
I'm busy making my own. None with the move per se yet, but...
© Axiom Message Boards