Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Red Orc Onkyo 806 master reset, now sound is low. - 08/10/11 01:28 AM
I had to do a master reset on my Onkyo 806, now i have to turn the volume all the way down to -15 to hear the same level of loudness i had at previous -30. Im lost. all help greatley appreciated!
Did you re-calibrate the receiver trim levels for the speakers and sub? When you did the hard reset all the settings go back to initial factory defaults. In this case the trim levels would all be 0.

My suggestion is to run audyssey if you have not done that already so there is at least some form of setup on distances, bass management, trim levels etc.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Onkyo 806 master reset, now sound is low. - 08/10/11 02:12 AM
Jovan, as Dr. Horse commented, the difference may simply be that the trim controls were set back to the default. Certainly no power has been lost; it's just a difference in the master volume control setting for the same power, and in any case, there's nothing unusual about -15 and there should be no cause for concern.
Thank you BlueJay1,JohnK.
No problem.

Just make sure you run audyssey or manually calibrate your system again because all of your trims, distances, crossovers and other bass management settings have been changed to its factory default for both the 2 channel and its multichannel settings.

The reset in and of itself won't damage anything. However, something usually goes bad to make people do the hard reset on the receiver. So what happened? eek
I'm not sure, video was not working at all . I called an authorized Onkyo repair shop ,oh yeah that's common problem with the Onkyo video processor,it has to be replaced. Called Onkyo they said, HOG WASH, Do a master reset.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Onkyo 806 master reset, now sound is low. - 08/15/11 02:12 AM
"Hogwash" indeed!
© Axiom Message Boards