Axiom Home Page
Posted By: kostaki71 Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/15/11 08:29 PM
Hi guys,
I'm in the process of buiding a active subwoofer to complete my home theatre. I have come accross someone selling the amplifer from an EP600 subwoofer.
After reading some of the literature regarding this amp it appears it has a profile matched (through DSP)to the driver of the EP600.
Can someone confirm this?
Can the profile be altered easy...if so how?
Thanks
Kosta
Posted By: Jc Re: Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/15/11 08:44 PM
Hi Kosta,
You are right, the amplifier has the software of its DSP specifically programmed with the EP600 woofer and the enclosure. It cannot be tampered with.

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/15/11 08:45 PM
Welcome, Kosta-
I would confirm it with Axiom, but my gut feeling is that since the amp IS setup with it's DSP to the particular driver and enclosure for the EP600, and not re-programmable by the user, it likely would not be a good choice for a do-it-yourself builder.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/15/11 09:01 PM
JC and Mark have summed things up nicely. It is a bit interesting that someone would be trying to sell an amp only, buyer beware.
Posted By: kostaki71 Re: Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/15/11 09:56 PM
Wow! I'm impressed with the speed and the detail of the responses to my post.
Appeciated the feedback.... and I will continue looking for another amp blush

Kosta
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/15/11 10:39 PM
Or just buy an Axiom sub. grin

No, I can appreciate the DIY spirit. I am going to be building a 2nd sub for my home theater after buying my first sub elsewhere. I've had some great success with DIY car subs, so why not. Of course, I bought my 1st sub (that I am keeping) back before Axiom had the pure bass awesomeness that it has now...
Posted By: cb919 Re: Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/15/11 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
No, I can appreciate the DIY spirit. I am going to be building a 2nd sub for my home theater after buying my first sub elsewhere.

+1 to that, I just need to find the time! I still have a perfectly good Polk PSW-404 amp from my 1st entry level HT setup. Got that due to a X over glitch and Polk sent me a new amp and told me to just keep the old one. One day I will put that amp to good use...
Posted By: dakkon Re: Axiom EP600 subwoofer amplifier - 08/16/11 09:25 PM
kostaki71, would you mind pming me where you found the ep-600 amp... i have an ep-600 who's amp does not work anymore... I would appreciate the lead.

Thanks.
© Axiom Message Boards