Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nick B iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 01:24 PM
At home I have a PC and have all of my music stored on the hardrive there that I have ripped from CD's and purchased from iTunes or Amazon. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I didn't have access to the iTunes store anymore, since I had an older version of iTunes. I didn't really want to update, but I went ahead since it said that any music that I purchased would automatically be put on iCloud. At work I also have a PC, so I thought that it would be cool to be able to access the music at work whenever I want and not have to listen through headphones on my iPod. I just tried today and it seems that since my work PC doesn't have Windows Vista or Windows 7 that I cannot access my iCloud content. I have Windows XP and sure as hell wouldn't want to trade it for Vista or 7 anyways. It seems kind of ridiculous to me.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 01:25 PM
It's time to let the decade old OS go. <shudder>

I'm not really surprised by this; iCloud's in beta right now in any case.
Posted By: Nick B Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 03:52 PM
I have a netbook that has Windows 7 on it. I would not call that POS an upgrade from Windows XP by any means. If Windows 7 is an improvement from Windows Vista, then I imagine anyone with any experience at all could get a job over at Microsoft developing software (even if they have no idea what an operating system is at all).
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 04:46 PM
So I'm confused. Did you want advice or not?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 04:53 PM
Nick, in my opinion, Windows 7 is an improvement over XP from a user perspective and from an IT perspective. You can't expect software developers to keep supporting XP indefinitely. You'll have to upgrade eventually. Might as well get over your aversion sooner rather than later.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 05:06 PM
I want to go back to DOS 6.0

I started with Dos 1.0, then I remember the first upgrade to Dos 1.1 that fixed a few bugs. I also had to pay IBM $45 to swap out one of my chips that had a bug in it.
Posted By: Murph Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 07:38 PM
I consider Windows 7 an improvement over Vista for sure. XP is nice and stable now but look how old it is. All dozen or so Windows 7 installs have all been seamless for me so far. No more fighting to find a driver that actually works.

Just a personal opinion, of course.

As far as actual advice, You could alternatively use WinAmp Remote to stream from your own PC to any other Internet device. I used it for a while and it worked well. Definately works in XP.
Posted By: fredk Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/13/11 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Nick, in my opinion, Windows 7 is an improvement over XP from a user perspective and from an IT perspective. You can't expect software developers to keep supporting XP indefinitely. You'll have to upgrade eventually. Might as well get over your aversion sooner rather than later.

Tell that to the folks in Japan that own my company. I'm downgrading all our new office PCs to xp when they come in.

From a usability perspective, XP is just fine. From a support perspective, I'm looking forward to an OS where I can elevate processes if I need to do something that requires admin privileges.
Posted By: Amie Re: iCloud access on PC - 09/14/11 01:44 PM
+1 for Windows 7 fanboy (fangirl?) I actually switched back from a MAC to a PC when Windows 7 came out . . . I love it! Is it just on networks that it's hard to administer? For little homeuser me it seems great.
© Axiom Message Boards