Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rx7eightyfour Tweeters/high end gone on AX-2s - 10/18/11 11:18 PM
Hey all,

Hope someone can help. I have a pair of AX-2 speakers hooked up to a Harman Kardon amp in a simple 2.0 setup. Recently I think I may have clipped it a bit too high - stereo was playing in the basement and all of a sudden I heard the top end give out on both speakers at the exact same time.

I have another pair of AX-2s which I hooked up and they still have top end, so it can't be the amp. Wondering if I popped a fuse?

The speakers are still audible - but are very muddy now. Almost all low end and they sound disgusting frown did I pop a fuse or blow the entire tweeter?

Any help for this speaker newbie is appreciated! I know they are old and far beyond warranty, but I do love them and hope to get them going again. I miss being able to use my Dual turntable.

Thanks guys.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Tweeters/high end gone on AX-2s - 10/18/11 11:55 PM
I fear that you may have blown the tweeters.

They might NOT be out of warranty.

I think your only remedy is to call Axiom on the telephone.

Good luck!
Posted By: SBrown Re: Tweeters/high end gone on AX-2s - 10/19/11 05:42 AM
I think if you tripped a fuse you would not hear a thing, if they even have fuses.
Posted By: Murph Re: Tweeters/high end gone on AX-2s - 10/19/11 12:03 PM
Play them at a safe volume and put an ear at both the mid and the tweeter (But not at the same time cause that would be weird. It should be obvious if the tweeter is totally missing.

I agree with all. Probably blown tweeters and a call to Axiom is in order either way.
© Axiom Message Boards