Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tinfoilhat Different Tweeters - 08/08/03 01:30 AM
Lately several people have made reference to the tweeters being different in the various speakers. Aside from the hybrid speakers in the QS4 and older M0-M2s, there is no evidence on the Axiom site. All tweeters are described as 1" titanium. Does anyone know if there are differences? I always assumed that the difference in tone between the various speakers was due to crossover and box design.
Posted By: Gary Re: Different Tweeters - 08/08/03 02:25 AM
As I noted in another thread, all current speakers but the qs4 and vp50 center use the same 1 inch titanium tweeter.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Different Tweeters - 08/08/03 05:57 AM
As I remember, the site used to list them as different kinds of tweeters. Now I'm really confused. Has the lineup changed?
Ken, the info posted at one point on the Axiom site has since changed.
I believe that the M3/M40/M50 uses the 1" tweeter but also have different crossover points.
Here are some posts that might clear some of this up (or not):
post one
post two
post three

Perhaps Alan, Amie or Ian can set the record straight about all these specs. Several ppl on the forums have asked for the crossover points on the Axiom models in their entirety just out of curiousity.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Different Tweeters (Amie you out there?) - 08/08/03 06:00 PM
Oh, ok. I guess I've been spouting garbage for the last few months... Oops...
Posted By: alan Re: Different Tweeters (Amie you out there?) - 08/10/03 12:14 PM
Hi Chesseroo,

My latest xls file on crossover frequencies shows the M3ti, M40ti, and M50ti all use 2.2 kHz as the crossover frequencies.

The M22ti and M2i use 2.7 kHz crossover frequencies.

The hybrid tweeter on the QS4 has a 1-inch titanium dome but a 1/2-inch voice coil instead of the 1-inch voice coil on the QS8s and other models.

Regards,
© Axiom Message Boards