Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GregLee Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 01:32 AM
The product page for the Audiobytes computer speakers seems vague, to me. I'm not asking for more information on my own behalf, but rather I'm suggesting that someone might revise the web page sometime to make it more specific about exactly what is being sold. The specs for speakers say what each speaker is like, but I can't find where it says how many speakers there are (2, I guess). I see specs for an amplifier, but I can't tell whether it's in a separate module -- I see a third thing in some of the photos, but that could be a subwoofer, I can't tell for sure. Does the amplifier have 2 channels of amplification? Probably, but shouldn't you say explicitly? Other computer speakers are described as 2.0, 2.1, 5.1, and so on systems. Can't the Audiobytes system be described in that standard way?

It's exasperating to read through the product page and look at the photos, trying to deduce just what is being sold. Some photos include what appears to be a monitor, colored and positioned just as though it was part of the speaker system. That's confusing.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 11:16 AM
Greg, something tells me that I remember reading not long ago of a change in the Audiobytes and maybe that's where the confusion is coming from. I would call Axiom. They just might be in a transition period with the product.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 12:15 PM
It's been that way for awhile. I can tell you what you're getting and what all the bits and pieces are in the pictures, but generally speaking I agree with your post. It can also be confusing the way it's currently set up, where you have to anticipate that you're going to get a 2.1 system AT SOME POINT or you'll buy the wrong amp.
Posted By: Amie Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 05:29 PM
This is really helpful feedback to get - thank you! I've made some modifications to the page that will hopefully make it much clearer!

Please let me know if you still think we could clarify any of the pieces.

Thanks!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 05:33 PM
Hi Amie,

You have the wrong amp pictured on the page. As the resident authority on Audiobyte amps (having tried all of them. wink ), that's a first generation one, lacking the sub adjustment knob of the current generation.

Can you also clarify whether the amp that is shipped when someone orders just the base system can later output to the EPZero? Or is that still a separate SKU?

Another oddity: on the Customize Yours, the Audiobytes have a different list of custom vinyl finishes to select from than the EPZero.
Posted By: Amie Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 06:47 PM
Hey wait a minute - I don't have the new amp! Harumph! Heads will roll . . . looking into this Ken and I'll get back to you as soon as I can drag one of the engineers out of the lab. They have some explaining to do!! ;-)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 07:03 PM
You have the old sub, Amie?
Posted By: fredk Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/17/12 11:39 PM
Hmmm, there are two versions of the amp? That was definitely not clear when I bought the Audiobytes for my daughter.

I thought there was a sub out and the amp was built into the EP0.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/18/12 01:07 AM
No, the amp is not built into the EPZero, it's part of the main amp. There is a sub out for other, powered subs.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/18/12 01:56 AM
I have the old amp and the old sub. Now I feel inadequate.

Well, at least the speakers are covered in real wood burled walnut. smile
Posted By: fredk Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/18/12 02:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
No, the amp is not built into the EPZero, it's part of the main amp. There is a sub out for other, powered subs.

Which main amp? grin
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/18/12 02:46 AM
Gnnnh.

The ONLY amp, I should say. The one with the big honking silver dial on the front with blue LEDs.
Posted By: fredk Re: Audiobytes product page. - 05/18/12 02:49 AM
Who's on first?
© Axiom Message Boards