Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dcrosgrey QS8 v1 Mounting - 06/16/13 09:05 PM
Hello,

I have a question I hope you can help me with. I am setting up a 7.1 surround home theatre. I just received my QS8 (v3) and I also have another set of QS8s (I believe they are v1 because I purchased them over 10 years ago. I also received my set of ceiling brackets and a set of wall brackets from Axiom as I wanted to mount all of my QS8s for my rear speakers.

I noticed that my QS8 v3 speakers have the rear bolt that the mount instructions refer to but my QS8 v1 speakers do not. Instead, the v1 speakers have the two predrilled holes for screws.

My question is, is it safe to use the screws that came with the mounting brackets to screw into the predrilled holes for mounting the bracket? The screws aren't short so I want to make sure I am not risking damage to the inside of my speakers by using the included screws. If I shouldn't use the included screws, what size screws do you recommend I use?

Thanks in advance for your help. smile

Dan.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: QS8 v1 Mounting - 06/16/13 09:44 PM
My suggestion would be to pop out the top speaker and look inside and see if anything is mounted to the back side where the holes are drilled. It is the only way I can think you will feel assured .
Posted By: Ken.C Re: QS8 v1 Mounting - 06/17/13 12:16 AM
I think Axiom can provide a diagram showing where it is safe to drill into the back of the QS8s.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: QS8 v1 Mounting - 06/17/13 12:40 AM
Already pre drilled holes,depth is the concern i believe.
Posted By: jakewash Re: QS8 v1 Mounting - 06/17/13 12:47 AM
How long are the provided screws? The MDF is 1" thick(or is it only 3/4 on the 8's?) so a 3/4" screw would be acceptable.
Posted By: dcrosgrey Re: QS8 v1 Mounting - 06/17/13 06:47 PM
Hey everyone,

Just heard from the folks at Axiom and they sent me the following. Thanks to everyone for their input.

"As mentioned, you can utilize the FMB or the ceiling bracket with the older QS8. Using the current QS8 as a template for the center hole for your older QS8, place the speaker portion of the bracket to the cabinet. Pre-drill the 4 outer holes 1/2 inch into the cabinet and using a 3/4" #8 wood screw, secure the speaker portion of the bracket to the cabinet. Ensure that you hit a stud with the wall portion of the bracket. You will be good to go."

Just wanted to share in case anyone else ever runs into this situation.

Dan.
© Axiom Message Boards