Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Subwoofer DC triggers - 11/17/13 10:13 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone know if the EP 800 has a minimum voltage requirement for the DC Trigger (and what that minimum is)?
My Marantz AV6006 is specified at 12V/150mA maximum output.
I am concerned whether there are any compatibility issues.

thanks/Jeff
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Subwoofer DC triggers - 11/17/13 10:51 PM
Jeff, I would check directly with Axiom on that. A factor might be whether you plan on using the low or high impedance inputs.

That being said, I can't imagine a compatibility issue and the sub is probably looking for a 1V input since that's often considered "standard line level".
Posted By: JohnK Re: Subwoofer DC triggers - 11/18/13 04:10 AM
Jeff, note that the EP500 manual , in discussing the trigger input specifies a receiver with a "12-volt trigger output".
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: Subwoofer DC triggers - 11/18/13 01:38 PM
Thanks for the reply Guys, I must be suffering from a re-occurrence of CRS, thought I had put the EP800 Manual in a safe convenient place, now I don't remember where that place is. Couldn't find the Manual on the Axiom site either.
I PM'd Axiom on the question, will wait an see what they have to say.
The Marantz Manual also specified to use a Monaural mini plug,
is a Mini plug the same as a 3.5mm plug?
best/Jeff
Posted By: Andrew Re: Subwoofer DC triggers - 11/18/13 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Strider53
Thanks for the reply Guys, I must be suffering from a re-occurrence of CRS, thought I had put the EP800 Manual in a safe convenient place, now I don't remember where that place is. Couldn't find the Manual on the Axiom site either.
I PM'd Axiom on the question, will wait an see what they have to say.
The Marantz Manual also specified to use a Monaural mini plug,
is a Mini plug the same as a 3.5mm plug?
best/Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The EP800 trigger is specified as +12Vdc, but if I remember correctly it will work with anything over +6Vdc. The mini connector on your Marantz is likely just a 1/8" (3.5mm) mono phone plug. The centre pin should be positive.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Subwoofer DC triggers - 11/18/13 02:38 PM
Oooops- I missed that you were talking about the trigger.
© Axiom Message Boards