Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Rike255 On-Wall vs Bookshelf versions - 01/26/14 04:45 AM
I'm trying to save some space by buying some slim speakers and mounting them. Is there anything I should note/worry about buying (for example) some VP150/M22/M3 on-wall speakers versus the standard bookshelf model?

I have heard the standard M22 and thought they were great! I'm hoping the on-wall equivalent is just as amazing.

Thanks!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: On-Wall vs Bookshelf versions - 01/26/14 05:40 AM
I cant answer your question but I do have a related question/observation. I am an advocate of toeing in speakers, so once the speakers are mounted in the wall what can you do about imaging. Also having the speakers mounted further back than the front of the tv screen seems counter intuitive. To save space in my bedroom I built some wall mounted stands and screwed them into the studs of the wall allowing me to toe them in and keep them inline with the panel.

richard
Posted By: JohnK Re: On-Wall vs Bookshelf versions - 01/26/14 07:21 AM
Ryan, welcome. The drivers of the M22(which I have)for example, are the same as the on-wall M22. The primary difference is that the M22 enclosure is tuned for better bass. If used with a good sub this wouldn't be a significant factor. As Richard mentions, the standard M22 can be toed-in and is otherwise able to be positioned for best sound. If you can possibly arrange for the rather modest amount of room they need, I'd suggest the regular M22s for their flexibility in positioning.
Posted By: Rike255 Re: On-Wall vs Bookshelf versions - 01/26/14 08:30 AM
Thanks guys that gives me more to think about. I have a Polk audio PSW505 right now which I think should cover the bass I need but if there are some good alternatives for a decent price I'm always interested!
© Axiom Message Boards