Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GregD M3 version 4 - 03/05/14 11:35 PM
Just received my m3 v4's. Just curious they say v4 on back and still have the old style tweeters as far as I can determine. I would assume the 6.5's are the old style also? I thought they were all shipping with the new tweeter and woofer.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M3 version 4 - 03/06/14 12:34 AM
I would call Axiom.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: M3 version 4 - 03/06/14 12:57 AM
Post pictures and we can spot the differences.
Posted By: GregD Re: M3 version 4 looks like old tweeters? - 03/06/14 10:57 AM
The tweeters match my V3 speakers they look nothing like the one on the lead page of the website. Not sure how to post pictures here.
Posted By: GregD Re: M3 version 4 looks like old tweeters? - 03/06/14 09:53 PM
Thanks to Axiom and Debbie new tweeters are on the way.
Would it not be better that they match your existing tweeters?? Not sure how old u are but I can tell ya if your north of 40 you won't likely hear any difference.
Posted By: GregD Re: M3 version 4 looks like old tweeters? - 03/08/14 02:21 PM

I found it strange they were labeled V4 with the old tweeters. Obviously all that was changed was the label, you can see the old label underneath. But if and when the time comes to sell, how do I justify the V4 on the back plus the V4 registration with Axiom. I am absolutely sure this just slipped by Axiom and was not meant to deceive.
Axiom has been one of the best companies to deal with, nothing but A++.
"PS" I am well north of 40.
I am sure it was just an oversight, though I see such things from automakers as well. Many times I have run into situations where a car that is clearly a 2002 model for example will have an drivetrain from a previous year. All stock must get used up at some point. I had the opposite when I bought my M80's , I bought V2's from the factory outlet so my woofer would match,yet I ended up with V3's but per axioms great customer service they fixed me up.

Richard
© Axiom Message Boards