Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Wireless Audio - 06/01/14 01:09 PM
I would like to place a couple of speakers on my patio but really can't run wire to them. Does anyone here have experience with wireless systems? Any thoughts on this are appreciated. /Jeff
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Wireless Audio - 06/04/14 03:57 PM
I use Sonos but you can't be completely wireless unless you have speakers with batteries or run low power off a laptop. Ultimately a power source is necessary to drive the speakers.

Sonos does have 'wireless' speakers for streaming audio which are easily placeable anywhere with a power cable. You still need the base Sonos units for streaming.
http://www.sonos.com/shop/products/play3
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Wireless Audio - 06/04/14 07:29 PM
Denon has a new system out called HEOS that looks like it will give sonos a run for the money.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Wireless Audio - 06/04/14 08:32 PM
Knowing Denon, though, it'll also cost twice as much.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Wireless Audio - 06/04/14 11:27 PM
Depends on how often you use it, I suppose. It seems like those portable, wireless, rechargeable bluetooth speakers (like Jambox) sound pretty decent. Sometimes.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Wireless Audio - 06/05/14 12:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Knowing Denon, though, it'll also cost twice as much.

I don't know what the price is ken, but I believe that competition is good and sono's is way over priced because their are no contenders. But if Denon is just coming in to take some of the cream off the top then nothing will be gained. Look at smart phones, 800 bux for a stupid cell phone,but they are coming down now that others are creating competition.
© Axiom Message Boards