Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Danlee In ceiling m3 - 08/16/14 06:26 AM
Does anyone know what the dispersion angle is for the m3, specifically for the in ceiling version.

I am planning to use it for Dolby atmos.

Thanks
Posted By: JohnK Re: In ceiling m3 - 08/17/14 02:11 AM
Dan, welcome to Axiom. The Axiom tweeter which is in the M3, including the ceiling version, is noted for its wide and smooth treble dispersion. The published graphs don't specifically illustrate this, although it's implied from the wide "listening window" response shown.
Posted By: Newf Re: In ceiling m3 - 11/10/14 06:17 PM
I'd like to know the specifics on this as well. We need to know this for Atmos speakers.
Posted By: Newf Re: In ceiling m3 - 12/01/14 01:54 AM
Got mine today. Canada post delivered them at 6pm on a Sunday?!?!?

Anyways

They sound thin compared to my M3's, of course I'd expect some improvement once installed into ceiling. Looking at the tweeter, I can not see why Axiom can't allow or add some sort of ability to slightly turn and aim the tweeter which is what some people need for atmos.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: In ceiling m3 - 12/01/14 02:25 AM
thanks for the great pics. cool
Posted By: Newf Re: In ceiling m3 - 12/01/14 03:27 AM
Couple of other things I noticed as well. The two I have are not identical. The black piece that surrounds the woofer on one is textured, the other one is smooth and flat and has a few marks and glue on it from assembly. They both came in one box btw, and no instructions. There are some extra speaker terminals?, stick on Axiom badges, a proper template, and wrenches for assembly etc. I guess they are still working out some details with these as there are some quality things I am seeing like glue and plastic not lining up that are odd given the absolute perfection I am used to seeing from Axiom. The screens are magnetic again but very difficult to get off. They aren't falling off once mounted, lets put it that way.

With a sub they actually do not sound bad at all. I was considering ordering two more for Atmos 5.1.4 but I am not sure. Very hard to test these properly given you have to really mount them to hear them as intended and by then you might as well keep them since you have the holes in your ceiling.

In my setup I can mount them pretty close to my mlp for atmos so angling them isn't needed for these two, but for the other two it might be.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: In ceiling m3 - 12/01/14 09:25 AM
Just my uneducated opinion, but I think you're likely to get more bass when they are mounted due to the Boundary Effect.
© Axiom Message Boards