Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mapatton How to remove a flush mounted tweeter - 01/04/15 06:50 PM
Have some tweeters to replace in Wharfedale Emerald 99s. Took out the 4 screws, but the tweeter will not budge. Thoughts?
find a screw slightly larger than the tweeter mounting hole, screw in lightly and pull. You can use a spoon in combination to leverage it out if necessary by hooking the spoon under the head of the screw.
Posted By: mapatton Re: How to remove a flush mounted tweeter - 01/04/15 10:26 PM
Many thanks! Worked great.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: How to remove a flush mounted tweeter - 01/05/15 06:31 PM
Alternatively, some good duct tape as a pull handle will work too. Just make sure the tape you select doesn't usually leave a residue. On this often metallic or plastic surface of a tweeter, it shouldn't be an issue.
Chess, he was replacing them anyway, more worried about cabinet damage I am sure .
Posted By: fredk Re: How to remove a flush mounted tweeter - 01/05/15 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Chess, he was replacing them anyway, more worried about cabinet damage I am sure .

So a crowbar and hammer would be out of the question then?
Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: Socketman

So a crowbar and hammer would be out of the question then?

That was my backup reply if he was still having trouble wink Give a man a hammer and everything looks like a nail.
Posted By: Adelin Re: How to remove a flush mounted tweeter - 01/16/15 05:03 AM
Hello,
I had a pair of evo 40 (the first version).

I had to remove the 6"5 medium drivers to access tweeters.

What i am not sure about:
External plastic was maybe maintained in place
by some sort of hexagonals head's screws, or a set square / T square.

All i remember is it was not easy to remove it and first time i tryed to dismount the plastic with a mini crowbar , it removed wood furniture cover.

About tweeters, it's possible to find cable been soldered.
And it's easy to hurt neodyme.

Oh i just edit it, he already fixed it smile

I keep my message as a warning, not every wharfedale speackers are like his emeraude line.
© Axiom Message Boards