Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TroyD Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/08/15 04:08 PM
Does anyone else experience this.....
Well ... tried for two days to get logged on. This website keeps resetting my password like ever 45 days. It's almost like it locks me out also. I have to do the reset password still doesn't work. I go into my office and try it there on Monday and it lets me in. And no I know my password, it's my daughters middle name. Last time it was her first name. That worked for a month or two, then I cannot log on. Reset it a few times, then it takes. I go into the settings and change it and it works about 45 days it seems.

and I try to email Axiom but get webpage doesn't exist
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/08/15 04:55 PM
My password has been stable for 4 years & I click on their 'email' & it works fine.

I'm using a Chrome derivative browser...

TAM
Posted By: TroyD Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/08/15 05:02 PM
maybe I will have to get firefox ;(
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/08/15 05:58 PM
No problems here either with Firefox and Chrome.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/08/15 06:44 PM
No issues with safari, chrome or IE here.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/08/15 11:58 PM
yup changed the password at work today back to my daughters middle name. Now am home and still working good. but, if experience is any indication it will reset tonight or in 45 days.
So July 23rd I will be locked out. Lets see
Posted By: Murph Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/10/15 12:12 PM
Perhaps someone has your two passwords and they are changing it to their own. Not sure why though as they obviously are not using your account for board spam or anything. Try using a totally new password (non-family related) instead of recycling the older ones. If someone is toying with you, they can continue to do so as long as you continue to recycle old passwords they already know.

It's unlikely, but a fresh password never hurts.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/10/15 12:19 PM
Also, not telling people what your password is (or is even like) in association with your account in a public forum might help.

Dictionary attacks with information like that are extraordinarily trivial.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/10/15 07:29 PM
Originally Posted By TroyD
Does anyone else experience this.....
Well ... tried for two days to get logged on. This website keeps resetting my password like ever 45 days. It's almost like it locks me out also. I have to do the reset password still doesn't work. I go into my office and try it there on Monday and it lets me in. And no I know my password, it's my daughters middle name. Last time it was her first name. That worked for a month or two, then I cannot log on. Reset it a few times, then it takes. I go into the settings and change it and it works about 45 days it seems.

Troy, I think your daughter may be continually changing her middle name just to "gaslight" you.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/10/15 07:32 PM
Yeh I know ....but thing is who the heck wants to crack my Axiom forum password.
And until now I never mentioned it would be her name or middle. Actually no one would even guess here.
Also, it is a name that we basically created so not in a dictionary. Also I do use a special character and numbers.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/10/15 07:33 PM
thing is for three years or more it resets every couple months.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 06/10/15 07:38 PM
It's not because of the wines you were drinking on "that" night, was it? So her name's not, like, Chardafuisse, or something, right?
Posted By: TroyD Re: Password and Accounts on the forum - 07/16/15 01:30 PM
And there it goes again 7 weeks ..... Locked out and have to reset password.
And no this time I didn't use my daughters name and now that it doesn't matter I used G10b@11y.

now I got to do this again. Incidentaly I wonder if it is because I made a comment about Axiom increasing the price overnight and pissed them off. wink
© Axiom Message Boards