Axiom Home Page
I'm not much of a techy. Here's my problem. I have my Samsung Smart TV, which is connected to my Satellite box via an HDMI Cable. The TV is also connected to my Home theater receiver through another HDMI Cable. I get home theater sound while watching TV through the satellite or watching a disc through the receiver. However I do not get home theater sound when I watch something through a Smart TV App like Amazo Prime, Hulu, etc. I have to switch to TV speaker instead of home theater receiver.

What type of configuration do I need to enjoy the home theater sound while using smart TV apps.
Probably a digital TOS link or digital cable connected to your T.V. would work. Or check the Audio return channel in your T.V. and receiver set up.
Your setup sounds a little strange to me; all HDMI equipment should go into your receiver's IN ports and one HDMI OUT from your receiver to your TV.
I am not sure how you get sound out of your satellite box unless you are using ARC already, or you get audio out via a different method/cable.

In any case, it depends what kind of audio output you have on your TV.
1. The best solution (as suggested) is to check your receiver if it has an audio return channel - ARC - . You can read all the details HERE.
3. Another solution is what brendo suggested first. Your TV may also have a 3.5 mm to RCA out as well; see details HERE.

I hope this helps; if you need more details, post your exact TV and receiver model.
© Axiom Message Boards