Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Brewster Axiom AX1.5 speakers - 04/03/17 05:00 PM
I have 2 Axiom AX1.5 speakers. I bought them back in the 80's (I think) but have not used them for several years. I'm thinking of using them for my front left and right speakers in my home theater surround sound system. Both speakers are in pristine condition.
Unfortunately I cannot find any specs on these speakers online. Any help, anyone?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Axiom AX1.5 speakers - 04/03/17 07:51 PM
Search for my post entitled Axiom Brochure Circa 1989 or my post about my Axiom factory visit in 1991. I think I posted a brochure that has 1.5 specs
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom AX1.5 speakers - 04/04/17 11:54 PM
I found a couple of direct links:

Reviews

Brochure

AX family picture

There seem to have been a few different versions of each of the speakers, although IIRC it was the AX5 which went through the biggest changes.

You'll also see a nice sub/sat system that I still want to hear.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom AX1.5 speakers - 04/05/17 04:26 AM
Do your ears a favor and trade them in for the M5HPs.
Posted By: brendo Re: Axiom AX1.5 speakers - 04/11/17 11:53 PM
Wow that sub/sat system looks cool
Kind of a M3/800 config.
Nice to see even those models had similar shaped cabinets.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom AX1.5 speakers - 04/12/17 06:36 PM
I remember seeing what looked like the sub part of the sub/sat sitting out on the factory floor along with a lot of other vintage speakers. Didn't think to look for the matching sats at the time.

Hopefully they were all being moved to a new home in the building (even if it's just up on the pallet racks somewhere) rather than being on their way out - there was a lot of nice history in those speakers.
© Axiom Message Boards