Axiom Home Page
Posted By: blatisi distortionin a QS8 - 06/17/17 04:20 AM
I have a QS8 that distorts at certain frequencies. The other 6 channels do not. I run a pioneer SC-91, and all other speakers are fine. This happens only at certain frequencies and not others. I don't think it is the speaker but the capacitor in the filter circuit.

I am open to onions to what it may be. I only want to order the part to fix it.
Posted By: blatisi Re: distortionin a QS8 - 06/17/17 04:46 AM
I want to make certain I update that I moved the speaker to another channel on the AMP. The speaker also has a rattle piece in it. You can hear it as you move the speaker around. Could be a screw or a blown piece of the filter, but I do not want to open the speaker in ear of voiding the warrantee.
Posted By: blatisi Re: distortionin a QS8 - 06/17/17 04:48 AM
Yes the distortion followed the speaker. I have had these speakers for bout three years, so they are not old or new.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: distortionin a QS8 - 06/17/17 03:05 PM
Hi, opening the speaker will not void the warranty. I have had replacement drivers sent by axiom and replaced them myself. If it is something to do with the crossover it may have to be sent back for repair as these speakers are tricky to work on inside due to space restrictions. Have a look see whats rattling and go from there,you may need to call on Monday.
© Axiom Message Boards