Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 09/28/18 07:53 PM
What amount of toe in have you found to be Beneficial with your front L and R speakers?
Can too much toe in cause audible issues? Does anyone use toe out, if so what has that done for your soundstage?
Just wondering, I’ve got a roll of blue tape and a protractor handy so I’ll play around a little.

Jeff
Posted By: bridgman Re: Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 09/28/18 09:43 PM
With older (eg M60ti) speakers I got the best sound with them pointed straight ahead.

With recent speakers (M60v4, M5HP) I toe them in about 2/3 of the way from "straight ahead" to "straight at the listening position", although I haven't experimented with a bit more or less toe-in than that...

... basically went from "straight ahead" to "the usual amount I toe in", found the results were better (seemed a bit dull when pointed straight ahead, like most speakers do) and stopped there for now.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 09/28/18 10:53 PM
I find my soundstage is at its widest and deepest when my M80v2 are not toed.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 10/08/18 09:08 PM
I use a slight toe in but didn't want to much as I have 2 rows of seating.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 10/10/18 01:11 PM
I have tried various widths and levels of toe in with my M60s and right now I find that they sound best and fill the room better when pointed almost straight forward. I too have 2 rows of seats.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 10/10/18 02:48 PM
I think it depends a bit on how old the speakers are - I found earlier versions needed to be closer to "straight ahead".
Posted By: MMM Re: Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 10/15/18 09:12 PM
You have it all wrong,

1. You put your left toe in
2. You take your left toe out
3. You do the hokey pokey and you shake it all about
Posted By: Mojo Re: Front/main L and R speaker toe in - 10/15/18 09:34 PM
Noooooooo!!! Do not do that! You cause reflections and diffraction in the acoustic field.
© Axiom Message Boards