Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Kodiak Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 03:51 AM
https://youtu.be/UrBZsUBibtk

Pretty interesting clip. Worth a watch. It’s a little quirky but it’s good.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 04:00 AM
You owe it to yourself to watch this. This channel is absolutely brilliant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=spUNpyF58BY&vl=en
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 04:27 AM
Ok. Wow. That’s insanely cool. The math is well over my head but when those co-signs line up and the chaos disappears when he’s showing the 2 and 3 hz waveforms could that be described in terms of “ music “ as null? Or is it more like perfectly harmonized ?
( I’m just making stuff up here really but that’s what emerged my nogin). I could see how this would be used for noise cancelling or noise reduction software maybe ?
Again, I’m just making stuff up, I don’t really know what I’m talking at all. I barely passed high school. Now if there was an audiophile club that would’ve been rad!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 04:39 AM
In a very articulate way, he is demonstrating what the fellow in the video you posted was trying to say. Given any complex wave pattern, the Fourier Transform can be used to extract the fundamental frequencies that constitute that pattern. This works with sound waves, water waves electromagnetic waves. Incidentally, this Fourier Transform math is what takes place in the subwoofer and active LFR DSPs to create filters that shape the signal.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 04:48 AM
Wicked cool man. Love it. There’s always so much to learn YouTube is the best thing ever. I’ve learned so much.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 04:55 AM
Youtube is all I watch now...including YouTube music. And all I watch on YouTube is educational stuff of all kinds.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 04:26 PM
Yeah same here. I spend a majority of my time entertainment time on YouTube. The occasional movie or tv show on Prime but man there soooo much good content on YouTube on any topic possible. It’s truly amazing. It really is the Information Age.

I use YouTube music too as it comes with the YouTube premium subscription but I have my main library on Spotify with the family plan so everyone has there own login and stuff so my lists don’t get jumbled. The YouTube music works better off line for travel. I’ve tried tidal and Deezer but came back to Spotify as I like the algorithm and the OS better. Maybe they will go hifi one day. We ll see.

I think the streaming is amazing too but I’ve started purchasing some of my favorites to own them. I’ve started buying cds again when I find them and I’ve bought a few random vinyl records too, buying a turntable soon along with some kind of integrated for the m3 in bedroom setup. I’d line to get that all sorted then I’ll setup the office system. The great room on the main floor will be last and we have a space sketched out in the basement for a home theatre, the m60ti will do the job down there I think. I’ve also got outdoor speakers ( in ceiling ) and kitchen speakers ( in ceiling ) so hoping to set that up too for tbe wife to enjoy with bluetooth of wifi on a zone amp. Fun fun fun!! Music everywhere!! Oh and the garage system too!! Ha ha ha! Ridiculous right?! smile
Posted By: rrlev Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Music everywhere!! Oh and the garage system too!! Ha ha ha! Ridiculous right?! smile
Not ridiculous at all! If you spend your a lot of time in the garage it’s a great place.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 06:02 PM
Totally I do spend a solid amount of time in the garage.( or I will now that I’m not travelling for work anymore!).

In our old place I had an old Panasonic HTIB in there that I got for free at a garage sale. Did the trick. Stuck tbe sun in a corner under shelf and played r and b and rap. Ha ha! But it did the trick.

I’m thinking some OW in there will fit the bill just fine. We ll see. Something sleek that blends into the walls.

In wall maybe? Are the in wall any good? OW would be good then I can remove them and play with them elsewhere in tbe house.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/09/22 06:20 PM
Don't do IW. Yes, you want them mobile so you can play. On moody Mondays waste away with M3s. On wobbly Wednesdays anchor yourself with the linearity of M2s. On fun Fridays unleash the M5s.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 03:17 AM
Well now. Looky here. In ebony no less. Love my ebony M50s.

https://www.axiomaudio.com/bst-41
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 03:18 AM
Copy that. No IW. OW only. It will be a while before that happens for the garage.

Still waiting on my orders. I clicked standard order, no waiting. Hmmmm. Ordered April 30. Should be here by now…..I was hoping the ZA-1000 would get here so I could try it out for a bit before taking it to work.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 03:23 AM
I want to get a pair of m5 bookshelves for the great room first before I do the garage. We’ ll see. I could see putting some m3 OW in the garage though with a basic amp and Bluetooth connect. Maybe I need a music cast system for the garage , the kitchen , and the back deck….
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 04:14 AM
You can't put the bookshelves on a bookshelf. Stands it must be. Which is why Ian advised, get M60s. About the same cost as M5 with stands. I wonder though if the M5 acoustically disappears better than the M60.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 04:19 AM
They would go on stands. I know better than to shelve them. After stands costs are in I might as well drop for m100, especially from bstock. Who knows. Lots of options.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 04:24 AM
I found in all of my rooms, the M100 would not disappear as well. But...larger images, more presence, wider soundstage, louder and higher fidelity than M5. The 1000-2 with M100 is a formidable pairing. 1000-2 with M5 not so much. Nonetheless, I take M5 over M100 because of the disappearance. But I want the 1500-2 with the M5.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 04:31 AM
I think the m100 is a better fit for my large space and will fill that space for less money than m5hp plus 2 subs. It’s a toss up. I love the disappearing act which is why I was thinking m5 plus subs. I don’t know if the m100 will fill my space with satisfactory bass or not. My m60ti do not.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Forgive me father for I have Sined. - 05/13/22 04:54 AM
You will think the bass is so awesome. But then, when you add a sub, you'll realize you were living a lie. Even for music.

I can say though that my active LFRs don't need a sub for music in my 4200 cu. ft. room. I routinely don't turn my subs on for music. You will have listened to enough Axioms to fully appreciate the actives.

Maybe just save up and work out a great deal for actives. Invest in what I told you and save up the divies.
© Axiom Message Boards