Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Vycogh EP350v3 amp fire - 11/28/22 07:52 PM
Hello Axiom fam,
My poor beloved EP350 sub has suffered a catastrophic event. I've seen blown caps before, but this is next-level electronics immolation. About 30% of the board shows fire damage, including melted components.
My question is, is it worth replacing the amp board? At $350 I'm not sure. The subwoofer enclosure and driver is in fine shape so I don't know what to do with it if I just take the $350 and buy a whole used sub on kijiji for example. I doubt that there's a market for a used 12" driver and cabinet, slightly smoky (it's actually not).
Posted By: Mojo Re: EP350v3 amp fire - 11/28/22 08:51 PM
Trade it in for a version 4 which comes with a fire suppression system.
Posted By: Hambrabi Re: EP350v3 amp fire - 11/28/22 11:03 PM
Unless you're able to score a rival product for pennies on the dollar, a $350 replacement sub amp with linear power supply like yours is excellent value.

Just lurking around some of the other forum threads, modern subs with switching power supplies seem to grenade themselves regularly. The performance is excellent, but apparently at the expense of longevity.
Posted By: Mojo Re: EP350v3 amp fire - 11/28/22 11:21 PM
350v4 is better. There's a sale on at Axiom now. Trade it in for a finish of your choice and never look back.
© Axiom Message Boards