Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Subguy73 Ep800 no sound, but has power - 02/09/24 04:17 AM
I've got an EP800 V4. It suddenly just stopped outputting sound one day. [img]https://imgur.com/TWjEMr7[/img]

You can see there is a red light and a blue light on inside the amp. Any idea if that is normal, or do those lights tell me anything?

I'm assuming I have to buy a new amp for $1k. This is the second one that's failed.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Ep800 no sound, but has power - 02/09/24 03:24 PM
Just a couple of quick thoughts, do you have another sub to test with? Can you test the high level inputs?
Posted By: Subguy73 Re: Ep800 no sound, but has power - 02/09/24 04:59 PM
I do have another sub but it's fairly large and was hoping to not have to carry it down into the basement. Lol

However i think i can rule it out being the receiver, since i had the problem with my old Marantz, and i just upgraded to the new Denon avr6800 which is having the same problem, so the chance of both receivers having a bad sub out seems unlikely. Also tried multiple subwoofer cables. I can probably test the high level outs later today. I have a message off to axiom today so I'll see what they suggest. I wasnt sure what those red and blue lights inside meant, if anything. I should also mention I swapped the fuse out, but both fuses looked fine. Thanks!
Posted By: Subguy73 Re: Ep800 no sound, but has power - 02/10/24 01:52 AM
Well the red light inside means the amp is pooched. They are looking in to whether their newer amps will fit my old sub. Here's hoping. Worst case scenario I guess I'd have to buy an external amp of some kind.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Ep800 no sound, but has power - 02/10/24 03:55 AM
A V4 sub is not "that" old, well maybe I've been gone for awhile. Axiom has always treated me right, so hoping they can help you out. Cheers
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Ep800 no sound, but has power - 02/13/24 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Subguy73
Well the red light inside means the amp is pooched. They are looking in to whether their newer amps will fit my old sub. Here's hoping. Worst case scenario I guess I'd have to buy an external amp of some kind.

Ask for a deal as a loyal customer. I have known Ian for over 30 years and he has a customer first mindset.
© Axiom Message Boards